Driving can be dangerous or fatal
For many, driving is just a fact of their everyday life. It is so deeply ingrained that they barely have to put any active thought into it.
What they don’t realize is that driving is an extremely dangerous activity. Here are a couple of quick facts on car accidents in the United States:
- More than 37,000 people die in road crashes each year
- An additional 2,350,000 people are injured or rendered disabled
Danger factors in traffic
Driving and sitting in slow-moving traffic go hand-in-hand. More than being frustrating, traffic can make a simple car journey more dangerous. The elements that increase the risk factor of driving in traffic include:
- Closely-packed cars
- Inconsistent speeds
- Road rage
How to avoid a crash
Most people will not be able to avoid driving in traffic altogether, so here are some strategies to stay safe on the road:
- Try to keep a car’s length distance between yourself and the person in front of you
- Don’t get distracted so you can keep track of the speed of traffic
- Don’t give into impatient impulses or road rage
If you got in a crash because of a negligent driver, you might be entitled to compensation. Reach out to a personal injury attorney to explore your legal options.