Suffering from an unexpected injury causes physical pain, emotional distress and financial strain on victims. Sometimes, victims are able to receive compensation for lost wages, medical bills and even emotional suffering when these injuries have been caused by someone else.
What Are New Jersey Personal Injury Lawsuits?
Everyone’s situation is different, but sometimes an unexpected injury has been directly caused by the negligence of another person or party. In these cases, the negligent person can be held legally and financially responsible in court for the damages caused by their actions. Legal claims for compensation are made through either an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit, and the victim is financially restored from the losses they’ve incurred.
Types of Personal Injury Claims in New Jersey
This comprehensive list explains the most common types of personal injury lawsuits in New Jersey and who the responsible party would be. Injuries arising from these types of claims are caused by the negligence of someone else, so that person is typically held financially responsible for losses.
- Slip and Fall Negligent party: Property owner
- Medical Malpractice Negligent party: Doctor or Hospital
- Car Accidents Negligent party: At-Fault Driver
- Assault or Battery Negligent party: Abuser
- Defective Products Negligent party: Product Manufacturer
- Animal Attack Negligent party: Animal’s Owner
Contact the NJ Law Office of McHugh & Imbornone in Morris County, New Jersey
If you believe your injury may be cause for a personal injury lawsuit in Florham Park, New Jersey, then it’s important to reach out to a trusted Morris County lawyer to help prepare your claim. You will need to prove to the court that the other party was negligent and therefore responsible for your compensation, and we have the experience of proving these necessary elements of a personal injury case. Reach out to our Florham Park law firm through our online contact box, and our attorneys will contact you as soon as possible.
The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.
- After An Accident On The Highway, Stay In Your Vehicle
- Fatal Crash Follows Bus Driver’s Illegal U-Turn
- Motor Vehicle Accidents In New Jersey
- How To Find The Right Personal Injury Lawyer